Sunday, November 30, 2008

Keep Paying Your TITHING!!!!

I don't have any pictures to show for it yet but none are really needed. Although, you have got to hear this story! All I have to say is I am grateful to those who recognizably or unrecognizably act non prompting they are given because they answer the prayers of others!

So, black Friday came and went. This year we really needed a computer and we found some great deals. Scott and I had weighed out our options and compared the sales. Hmmm. First we outta balance the check book. We still had plenty of money In the account. Puzzled as to why we had that balance I recalculated the check register. I realized that all of the checks had cleared but we hadn't written out our tithing check. The money was there and we intended to pay it, the check just hadn't been handed to the bishop yet. We were going to get paid the following Monday and would then have the money to buy the computer. But... We needed to borrow our tithing money to float us until we got paid.
Well, we did not feel good about "borrowing" the Lord's money to buy ourselves a new computer or anything else for that matter. So, for the first time in 6 years, I sat Black Friday out. Surprising enough I didn't miss it. We needed a new computer but it is a luxury not a necessity. Scott and I just figured the Lord would find a way for us to find a computer when the time was right.

Fright night I get a phone call from my cousin Brea. The last she heard, I was going to go buy that computer. She asked if I had and I told her the story. She then said," I was cleaning out mu closet today and found something I had forgotten I had. It's my old laptop. Do you want it?" I started to cry!! She just happened to find it after almost a year? Whatever! Not a coincidence. She stumbled upon it and had a thought to call me for a reason.

I know that we have been blessed for choosing to not to "borrow" the Lord's money. We had designated it for the Lord and in our hearts already given it to him. For that, he blessed our family with this experience to increase our testimony of the law of tithing.

Thank you Brea and Brint for being so generous. Thank you for acting upon the promptings from the Spirit to give this computer to us. Whether you knew it was a prompting or not, you know now that you were instruments in the Lord's hands. Thank you for helping the Lord in strengthening our testimony of tithing and obedience! We love you and hope you know how much the Lord loves you.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Please continue to pay your tithing and have faith that He will take care or your needs.

3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

What a neat story! And I am so glad to see your blog. Your kids are getting so big! I will add you to my blog list if you don't mind...our blog is http://amyandthegraymen.blogspot.com. I look forward to keeping in better touch with you now :>)

Brea said...

Oh Tracy... I just love you so much. You are such an example to me and you have been my whole life. I am just grateful I was able to give you something in return for all you have done for me. I hope it works for you... Love you!

Sarah Blue said...

What a wonderful story! I'm so happy that every thing worked out for you and I'm thrilled you have a blog. We've missed your family. It will be nice to check in with you. :)